Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fresh New Work

At the ACC show I introduced many new styles. Some were one of a kind and some have found a permanent home in my collection. I uploaded the following styles to my Etsy shop yesterday. These pieces are still very texture oriented. I've been experimenting with a scratchy, almost cross-hatched finish to my oxidized pieces. These are inspired by my former life as a drawing and printmaking student. I'm also continuing to work on adding some color into my work. It is almost spring, after all!

Please let me know what you think of this new style of photograph, with a simple white or cream background. It's a departure from my usual earthy style.













4 comments:

Amy Olson Ballard said...

I love your work and I love the new photos- well done! absolutely stunning!

Silvia C said...

Hi Elisa, I just wanted to say that I loved your comment on the Jamie Oliver post on A Cup Of Jo. I am also into whole foods and into changing how foods are grown in this country. I am so glad I found your blog. It's delightful. I will be following. Congrats and you have my admiration for fighting the worthy cause of bringing in healthier options to the children in America.

Elisa Shere said...

Thanks so much! I'm a fan of Casa Bella too! Seeing as how we're expecting our first child and plan on sending him/her to public school, I'm sure to be even more involved in the future. It's such an uphill battle, some of these cafeteria workers don't even know how to cook - but it's a worthwhile fight.

Oh, My Darling said...

Learned about your jewelry through the Rik Rak Studio, and I just adore your work!